Wednesday, August 30, 2006

DJ Premier - Crooklyn Cuts


I remember buying these tapes like it was yesterday. I don't think i went anywhere in the summer of 96 without my Sony cassette walkman and these 4 tapes. That was the greatest summer of my life. The Yankees were on pace to win there first World Series in 15 years...led by a rookie shorstop named Derek Jeter. The only worries on my mind back then were how i was gonna afford the new Jordans in time for my boy Delshawns "end of summer" party in the park. These tapes were the soundtrack of my summer of 96.

This is a pure classic part of hip hop. From East Flatbush Project & DeS - Tried By 12 too Smoothe Da Hustler & Trigger Tha Gambler's - Broken Language Pt. II... Premier lays down hot track after hot track of NYC's finest hip hop. The quality on the first tape is a little off...but you forget about the faint hiss after the first couple of tracks. Brooklyn's Greg Tate starts off Tape B with a spoken word poem called "What Is Hip Hop?". It used to send chills down my spine listening to that man preach hip hop. If you listened to hip hop then or are just catching up...these gems will take you back in time when rap music was oh so simple & pure!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

DJ Premier - Crooklyn Cuts Tape A (Tracklist)
DJ Premier - Crooklyn Cuts Tape B (Tracklist)
DJ Premier - Crooklyn Cuts Tape C (Tracklist)
DJ Premier - Crooklyn Cuts Tape D (Tracklist)

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS MAN YOU MADE MY FUCKIN DAY!! ENDLESS THANKS!
serch4beatz

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh too bad you also only got them cd versions up.. any chance of a taperip from volume B and C ? i got also stuff to trade .. pm me @ VE boards
serch4beatz

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoops i think i confounded you with another dude who posted this link :D sorry man..
but yea taperips would be dope nonetheless ;)

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo. I was wondering if you had the pwd for tape C.???

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ganglyon is the pw i think

11:13 AM  
Blogger Crooklyn said...

gimantalon is the PW!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Crooklyn said...

@ Search 4 Beats...yea i have a taperip...but the Quality is so bad it's not even worth it!

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please man i just need to hear it :D quality is not important to me as long as i have the dope sounds..
serch4beatz

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent blog - been looking for something like this for ages!! thanks tons for this stuff!

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent blog - been looking for something like this for ages!! thanks tons for this stuff!

12:35 AM  
Blogger SoLVIVER said...

ahahah man I used to goto san fransico weekly and buy tapes...

Tony Touch 50 mc's
PF cuttin Geniune tape #39
Crooklynn cuts


God I miss tape kings

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sort story of the tapes was very well :)

This material iz a unique, but in the future i " ll search a remesterd stuff with something software like the Cool Editor or else

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot damn, when i saw that scan, i bugged, i have a box of tapes from that era, to me that time was the real.

i have some of the tapes ripped to mp3, but the quality is crap.

i just happened upon this site, are there other tape trading websites you'd recommend.

one Mix Tape Kings release I have ripped is 5 Deadly Venoms.

damn, i just remember another tape I have ripped by DJ Chillfreez, Giant Step Dj, if i remember right, there is a track on there that I need to know who did it, one of my alltime favorite tracks but noone knows who it is.

How can I get these to you? If you even want them.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there anyway you could re post tape A? its not letting me download A and B. tape a got me into Hip Hop!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

....any chance of a re-up?

anyway, big up for your site, 90's hip hop rulez.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous ecks-bogota said...

we had all 4 of this runing around the city back in 2000. a guy brought those from his NYC trip.
but we could never solve the mistery, where are the crooklyn cuts VOL. 1 and 2??

as you can see, it reads crooklyn cuts vol.3 tape A, b c and d.

any clue?

peace out

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The authoritative point of view, curiously..

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very useful post. I would love to follow you on twitter.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news

We do not agree with this year Brit awards decision.

Please visit our little survey

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than Madonna

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.li/brustvergroesserung/guenstig.html]brustvergrößerung günstig[/url]

PRINCE HARRY WISHES HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BRIT AWARDS
With a special birthday message from Prince Harry for the 30th Anniversary of the BRIT Awards

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I remember last summer, partying in the land of Jordan, without knowing the Language.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter eXTReMe Tracker