Monday, April 09, 2007

Special Ed


Special Ed born Edward Arche (Brooklyn NY) held hip hop down at an early age. Ed was only 16 when he droped his debut "Youngest In Charge in 1989. "Think Abot It" was my mutha f-in JAM...wit that Rakim sample...god damn...pure HEAT. At 17 he droped the classic album "Legal" with the bangers "Come On, Let's Move it " & "Mission". This cat disappeared for the next 5 years only to re-up on the Brooklyn classic "Crooklyn Dodgers" along with fellow Brooklynites Buckshot & Masta Ace.
If you don't know his stuff....now is a good time to peep it. Ed was & always will be one of my favorite artists of all time. If there was a hip hop "Hall Of Fame"....dis cat would be in on my first ballet...no doubt!


Youngest In Charge (1989)


Legal (1990)


Revelations (1995)


Still Got It Made

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ha ha now this is too funny, I pulled out his first 3 albums last night and was jsut thinking...has there been anyone smoother than Ed and what abot Howie Tee's timeless beats...man oh man, I never heard the Still Got It Made album...but I was told to give it a wide berth...I did like the first single off it though...do you remember his crew The A.R.A.B.S.?

peace

11:23 PM  
Blogger Peter Tron said...

yeah,

I always liked his freestyle coloured rhymes. Some of them were hilarious.

I enjoyed (and still do 'enjoy') his stuff a great deal.

cheers m8!

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes! my hair was growin too long, so i got me a fade, and when my dishes got dirty, i got cascade.

who else can spit a rhyme about his riches while walking through a dump?

thanks for the nice post.

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what has happened to hip hop ??!

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Propz for the post.
revelations is already down!
Found a new link at albumbase:
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=BDXS4TVT
Pass: na4alnik

peace

9:55 AM  
Blogger alley al said...

i think i got this still got it made, but i'm in the mood to check it out, and i don't feel like looking for it. took a day off and imma just bump it while i clean around the crib a bit.
thanks.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you please repost "revelations"- i been looking for this all over but it's not available here anymore.
damn!
hook a brother up!

2:36 PM  
Blogger @slushygutter said...

Wasn't Malcom Jamal Warner from the Cosby Show somehow involved in "Im The Magificent"?

I also remember Ed was in the movie "Juice" for like 2 seconds as the new dude that Raheem's baby mama was ridin with.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for this

5:18 PM  
Blogger Travis said...

Ed was that dude...good shit man

Here is that Kid Sensation album you were looking for

http://sharebee.com/8237b68c

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO!
Thanks with the Special Ed drop!

" . . . I'm wise because I rise to the top of my grade"

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you please re-upload still got it made? please? i been looking for this album just for the "special" i dig that track. thanks!

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter eXTReMe Tracker