Tuesday, March 20, 2007

RumpleTILskinz - " What is a rumpletilskin? " (1993)

Never heard of these guys? You may recognize them as 4 of the 13 MC's on the L.O.N.S posse-cut, "Spontaneous." This crew bares a striking, but grittier resembalance to the Leaders of the New School.

It's one of those NY albums that showed up and then dissapeared...and nobody seemed to notice. However, the album is classic. Overall the sound is pure gritty, early 90's NY, so any fan of that will appreciate this.


Rumpletilskinz - " What is a rumpletilskin? " (1993)


1. What Is a Rumpletilskin?
2. Attitudes
3. Hudz
4. Mad M.F.'s
5. I-N-I
6. Sweet Therapy
7. Snikslitelpmur
8. Earthquake
9. Mushroom Talk
10. Is It Alright?
11. Theramixx
12. Dacumin
13. Hi Volume

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great album! thanx!

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dope album.

we had a review of it a while back.

by the way crooklyn,

are you joining that fantasy league or what? hit me up at rafikam at gmail.com

we have a live draft set for tomorrow night. so act now if you want in.

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to play this album out when I was in high school. I used to bump Sweet Therapy, I-N-I, and Mushroom Talk all day. Thanx for bringing this album up.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo yer killin it with the soundtracks. how bout 'soul in the hole'?

peace

12:26 PM  
Blogger Perfecta said...

wow....lol, i been stopping by Crooklyns Classics for a long ass time and thought you upped all your stuff.....then i see my link on here....NO BEEF, i seriously see this as a compliment and would atleast like some linkage.....hows about?

Perfecta
http://the900number.blogspot.com/

8:07 PM  
Blogger Dart Adams said...

I love this LP...I was just playing it a couple of days ago! Good looks! One.

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dope album

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe i got this crooklyn if i were a girl i would suck your dick for you................

5:54 AM  
Blogger D the Shadowman said...

Hell yeah. I bought this when it came out and I still am loving it today. Nice to see others out there that didn't miss this classic album.

D

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing album cheers man. GOt this on copy from back in the day but nice to have it on CD now. Big up yaself. Hip hop can't make tunes like Therapy that do it for both the men and the ladies no more...

5:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree. I've been listening to LONS "T.I.M.E" recently, after not hearing the album in more than a decade, and just found this album tonight. Amazing sound. I wish there were more like it.

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Free Counter eXTReMe Tracker